Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Overclocking...now with more RAM!

Dec 31 10:24:47 [cinduhquil] Hi everyone, I'm working in retail right now.
Dec 31 10:25:13 [cinduhquil] My question is: how do I overclock a PC to 3.0 GHz from 1.80 Windows 8
Dec 31 10:25:27 [phydeaux8635] uh. download more ram.
Dec 31 10:25:31 [phydeaux8635] :D
Dec 31 10:25:40 [cinduhquil] No no, plenty of RAM.
Dec 31 10:25:42 [cinduhquil] 8 GB
Dec 31 10:25:48 [cinduhquil] But I wanna access the BIOS on this PC
Dec 31 10:25:49 [phydeaux8635] *facepalm*
Dec 31 10:25:59 [cinduhquil] Hey man, I'm a retail guy. Not a nerd.
Dec 31 10:26:09 [phydeaux8635] then don't even think about overclocking.
Dec 31 10:26:30 [phydeaux8635] not trying to be rude...but it takes a lot of knowledge, a lot of finesse, and a lot of research with some extra cooling usually.
Dec 31 10:26:42 [phydeaux8635] otherwise you can turn your 1.8 into a paperweight
Dec 31 10:26:47 [cinduhquil] So basically I can't overclock the processor using the BIOS is what I'm understanding right?

No comments:

Post a Comment