Thursday, March 12, 2015
Why download more RAM when you can hot-swap it?
* dmjuice (David@Snoonet-35j.irq.36e05v.IP) has joined
[dmjuice] My desktop crashed!
[dmjuice] I was adding some memory and right after I removed a stick it shut off...
[Kumorigoe] dmjuice, you were adding memory with the computer ON?
[dmjuice] Yeah.
[Kumorigoe] dmjuice, why?
* Kumorigoe needs another beer.
[+RoamingFox] dmjuice ... you pulled ram out of a LIVE system?
[dmjuice] There were two sticks of 4 gigabytes. I am bumping it up to two sticks of 8 gigabytes each.
* RoamingFox gets both himself and Kumorigoe another beer
[dmjuice] So 16 gigabytes total.
[dmjuice] There's only 2 slots, so I had to pull one stick to make room.
[Kumorigoe] dmjuice, why the fuck didn't you shut it down first?
[dmjuice] Usually there's only 1 gigabyte in use, so it should fit in just one 4GB stick.
[+RoamingFox] dmjuice which isn't a problem... its that you did it while it was ON
[dmjuice] RAM isn't plug and play anymore?
[+RoamingFox] ...ever
[Kumorigoe] ...no. It's NEVER been "plug and play"
* Kumorigoe shakes his head.
[Kumorigoe] Blog's getting lots of updates tonight...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment