Wednesday, January 28, 2015

WAY outside the box...

[TooFastNet]   Hi, my internet is too fast. Any idea how to fix it? (im not trolling). Im using the text based browser Lynx and I need my internet speed to revert to that of the 80s. I have downloaded a program called "CharlesProxy" which allows you to throttle and increase the latency of your browsers. Sadly it doesnt work on Lynx, only the standard ones (IE, Firefox, Chrome etc) and those browser do timeout at such a low speed.

[Kumorigoe]    TooFastNet, you're fucking joking, right?

[TooFastNet]   No, Im not. Im trying to set up a project
[TooFastNet]   The speed should be around 0,0375 kB/s with ca 500ms latancy ideally

[Kumorigoe]    What, you setting up the Amish to get on the web?

[TooFastNet]   AM radio universal internet access
[TooFastNet]   in the LF-band
[TooFastNet]   I need it in order to stress test my system

[Kumorigoe]    That...is so far outside the bounds of what we do here it's not even funny.


[TooFastNet]   Well, and here I thought guys who were into troubleshooting was good at "thinking outsuide the box"?

No comments:

Post a Comment